Terms & Conditions
Valid from Sept 2, 2014
Go Ahead Vacations
The tour operator for your trip is EF Cultural Travel Ltd. Haldenstrasse 4, CH-6006, Lucerne, SWITZERLAND, organization number: CH-100.3.026.585-3, VAT number 596 344. Go Ahead Vacations, Inc. is an affiliate of EF Cultural Travel, Ltd. and acts only as a marketing services provider for that company. Go Ahead Vacations, Inc. does not provide any goods or services for your trip. The services provided are tax-exempt with credit in accordance with Swiss Federal Law with regard to Value-Added Tax Art. #23. In the following text EF Cultural Travel, Ltd. and Go Ahead Vacations, Inc. are together referred to as “Go Ahead Tours” or “GAT.”
These Booking Conditions are subject to change at any time with or without notice. Your agreement to these Booking Conditions constitutes your agreement to any updates which can be found at goaheadtours.com/terms.
Reserving your tour
To reserve a place on a European land tour, a reservation fee of $300 per person is required. To reserve a place on a non-European land tour, Special Event Tour, Golf Vacation, Land & Cruise Tour or Customized Tour, a reservation fee of $450 per person is required. GAT travel vouchers cannot be used as a reservation fee for a tour. We accept waitlist reservations on most tours. The full reservation fee is required to secure a place on the waitlist. If we are unable to confirm your reservation by 36 days prior to departure, your reservation fee will be refunded in full. If you are approved after final payment date, standard late-add procedures apply. Due to TSA security requirements you must, at the time of reservation, provide GAT with your name and birthday exactly as it appears on the form of identification you plan to use. Failure to provide this information at the time of reservation could result in additional fees. Travelers must be at least six years of age unless traveling on a Customized Tour, Private Tour, City Stay or Family Vacation.
Terms of reservations
The reservation fee is fully refundable if you cancel within 72 hours of booking the tour. After 72 hours, cancellation fees apply (see “Refunds & cancellations” section). Reservations made fewer than 72 hours prior to the final payment date (see “Making payments” section) will be refundable up until the final payment due date for the tour. Prior to the final payment date, you may change your reservation to a new tour for a rebooking fee of $50 (which must be collected at time of rebooking) plus any difference in tour price due to price increases, changes in travel season or tour. If you have purchased Travel Protection, you will also be responsible for any additional cost as the price of the Travel Protection package will be based on the new tour price, which must be collected at the time of rebooking. Terms & Conditions in place at the time of rebooking will apply to all changed reservations.
The final payment date for land tours, Special Event Tours and Golf Vacations is 70 days prior to departure. The final payment date for Land & Cruise Tours and Customized Tours is 90 days prior to departure.
All checks and money orders should be made payable to “Go Ahead Tours, Inc.” Please note that a $75 late fee will automatically be applied to accounts for which payment is not received by the final payment due date. In addition, a $30 fee will be added for any check returned to us by your bank and/or for any requested transactions. GAT reserves the right to cancel a reservation if payment is not received on time, in which case cancellation fees will apply. In the unlikely event that an invoice is not received, payment is still due as stated above. GAT will mail final travel documents and airline tickets only after your account has been paid in full and your completed confirmation statement has been received. If you are a U.S. resident, all payments must be paid in U.S. dollars. If you are a Canadian resident, all payments must be made in Canadian dollars.
Best price guarantee
Guarantee applies to the price of the tour including airfare and after the value of any promotional offer or discount is applied. Valid only at time of booking for new reservations received between the validity dates above. Not applicable to tour extensions. To qualify, comparable tours must provide the same included items at an equivalent quality level, be fully escorted, have the same duration, provide the exact number and locations of overnight stays and have an equivalent departure day and date. Any eligible difference between the price of the GAT tour and a comparable tour at the time of booking will be applied as a discount to the GAT tour price. Final determination will be at GAT’s sole discretion.
Prices are per person based on double occupancy. Advertised air-inclusive tour prices are based on lowest-priced travel season and gateway. For the most up-to-date pricing, please see our website. Airline fuel surcharges, as applicable at the time of pricing, are included in the tour prices. All prices are based on exchange rates, airfares, fuel prices/surcharges and land costs at the time of catalog pricing on
August 15, 2014 and are therefore subject to increase prior to the time of full payment. Please note: Government taxes and fees with respect to air travel, including the September 11th Security Fee, and port taxes are part of the tour price. These will be listed separately on your invoice. All prices reflected on goaheadtours.com are in U.S. dollars. All prices reflected on goaheadtours.ca are in Canadian dollars. GAT cannot be held responsible for fluctuations in exchange rates when calculating refunds due to trip cancellations. Referral discounts are not combinable with Friends & Family or Group Coordinator discounts. In order to qualify for this program, the referrer must be booked on a future Go Ahead tour or have traveled with Go Ahead Tours in the past. If the referrer is booked on a future tour and has not traveled with Go Ahead in the past, he/she will be eligible for the program only if referring new travelers to Go Ahead that are not roommate travel companions or members of the same household. If the referrer has traveled on a Go Ahead tour in the past, he/she will be eligible for the program if referring any new traveler. The referrer will receive a credit toward a future tour in the amount of $100, which will be applied to his/her account no earlier than 72 hours after the referred traveler has booked his/her first GAT tour. The referred traveler will also be eligible for a $100 credit toward his/her first Go Ahead tour. Referral discounts are not eligible for children under 18. Offer is not valid retroactively and is available for new bookings only. Referral credits are combinable with promotional offers.
AARP Exclusive Offer
Save $250 per person on all tours and dates. Valid for new reservations made between October 1 and November 30, 2014. Not combinable with any other promotional offer, including Group Coordinator and Group Benefit programs. Sales promotions are not redeemable for cash. The tour operator for your trip is EF Cultural Travel Ltd. CST 2060043-20.
Travel agents with a valid ARC or IATA number will receive a $200 per person commission for any reservations made by new customers referred to Go Ahead Tours. Travel agent commission is not combinable with promotional discount, past travel credits or the Group Coordinator program benefits.
Departure fees and surcharges
Departure fees and surcharges are imposed by airlines, governmental agencies and, occasionally, hotels and/or other providers of services to cover such things as federal or foreign government-imposed landing fees, security fees and energy/fuel increases. These fees and charges are assessed by GAT on a weighted average basis of all departures for a particular itinerary and are included in the air-inclusive tour price. GAT reserves the right to pass on new departure fees and surcharges prior to the time of full payment.
For Family Vacations, GAT requires at least one member of the traveling party to be under the age of 18. Travelers younger than 18 years old (herein “child” or “children”) on the departure date must be accompanied by an adult throughout the duration of the vacation. GAT welcomes children aged three and older. Child discounts may be available and vary by tour and age. Some activities within a vacation may have weight/height restrictions and/or different minimum ages than our overall minimum eligibility age or recommended minimum age. Based on availability, some quadruple rooms may be available on select itineraries. Age restrictions for quadruple rooms may apply. Please contact GAT for details. GAT makes every effort to accommodate children on tour; however GAT cannot provide child-care items (such as, but not limited to, car seats, high chairs and strollers). If a child will be traveling with adults other than his/her parents or with only one parent, a notarized letter must be submitted by his/her parents or the non-traveling parent granting authorization to travel, including the dates of travel. Please contact the appropriate consulate and airlines as they may have additional requirements or recommendations.
Triple room discounts
Triple room accommodations are available at a reduced cost on a limited basis. Triple rooms are usually a standard twin room with an additional cot or folding bed for the third person. Triple rooms may not be comfortable for three adults and are not available in certain cities or on Land & Cruise Tours.
Reservations after final payment date
Late additions are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis and may be subject to additional costs from our suppliers. Your payment must be made in full by credit card at the time of reservation. Late additions are subject to standard cancellation fees (see “Refunds & cancellations”) applicable at the time of reservation.
Failure to provide accurate and required information at the time of reservation could result in additional fees. Changes made after the final payment date (see “Making payments”) will be considered late changes and are made at the sole discretion of GAT. Any changes (including, but not limited to, travel dates, gateways and airlines) may be subject to a service charge of $75 plus any costs GAT incurs from its suppliers. If you are traveling with a Group Coordinator all changes must be made by 120 days prior to departure. Once the tour has departed, changes affecting return date or gateway will not be permitted.
Deviations from published tour itineraries (such as, but not limited to, travel dates and gateways) may include additional costs from our suppliers. Travelers not traveling with the group must arrange their own transportation to or from the airport and hotel. GAT can arrange pre- or post-tour accommodations, when available, for $120 per person per night for twin or double accommodations or $170 per person per night for single accommodations. While fulfillment cannot be guaranteed, GAT will make every effort to accommodate special travel requests. Please note: Due to the nature of GAT’s hotel contracts, pre- or post-stay arrangements may be in a different hotel from that of the main tour. GAT must be notified of all special arrangement requests prior to the final payment date for consideration.
Optional excursions may be purchased up to 20 days prior to departure or while on tour. Some select optional excursions require advance booking. Pre-purchased optional excursions cannot be canceled within 20 days prior to departure or while on tour. GAT accepts payment by cash, Visa or MasterCard for optional excursions purchased on tour. Excursions require a minimum number of participants to operate. Details and prices are subject to change. Due to seasonal hours of operation and availability, some excursions may not operate. If this occurs, you will be refunded any payments made for that excursion post-tour. Please note: If you have received an optional excursion as a promotional offer and it was canceled during your tour, you will not be eligible for a refund, as promotional offers are not redeemable for cash.
Land & Cruise Tours
For each Land & Cruise Tour, GAT is given a certain inventory of cabin categories to reserve for its customers. Therefore, not all cabin categories on a vessel are available to GAT. Please make sure to discuss cabin preferences with your Tour Consultant at time of booking to decide which is best for you. Also, specific cabins cannot be guaranteed at time of booking as they are assigned by the cruise line.
The hotels listed in this brochure will be used on most departures. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, hotels substituted will be comparable to those shown. Hotel rooms in Europe are typically smaller and less standardized than those in the United States and do not always offer air conditioning. Typically, a twin room will have two single beds placed side by side. Also, single rooms tend to be smaller than twin rooms, and may not have as desirable a location within the hotel. In Europe, it is standard policy that hotel rooms are not available for check-in before 1pm.
In order to provide you with the lowest possible prices, GAT negotiates special rates with major air carriers. Due to the nature of GAT’s contracts, air arrangements may be subject to change and to certain constraints, including but not limited to the availability of certain routings, travel times and direct or non-stop flights. It may be possible for GAT to accommodate seating preferences on some flights. However, the airlines have ultimate control of seat assignments, and GAT is not responsible for changes. Please reconfirm your seating requests directly with the airlines within 30 days of your departure. GAT can neither arrange for the crediting of frequent flier miles nor guarantee that you will receive frequent flier mileage credit. Flights in upgradeable classes of service cannot be guaranteed. Occasionally, due to specific tours or flight routings, an overnight stay is required en route. If this is the case, GAT will make arrangements for hotel accommodations, and a confirmation of the relevant hotel information will be included in your final travel documents (see “Final travel documents” section). If you and your traveling companion(s) make reservations at separate times and/or are originating from different gateways, you may not travel on the same flight(s). Additionally, GAT cannot guarantee that you will be on the same flight itinerary as others in a group/family if some of your travel party has purchased the extension/pre-extension and/or are deviating from the tour itinerary. GAT can sometimes offer customized flight itineraries and routings based on availability, plus any additional costs incurred from our airline partners. Please note: Flight itineraries are subject to change up to departure due to schedule, equipment or routing changes by airlines, and GAT cannot be held responsible for these changes or additional associated costs. Business class upgrades may be available on some tours for an additional fee. Upgrades are based on availability and in most cases will only include overseas flights. Upgrades do not include internal flights between cities as designated in your tour itinerary.
Each airline has its own baggage allowance policy and some airlines may impose additional charges for checked baggage. If you exceed baggage allowances, you are responsible for any additional fees. Please contact your airline or refer to its website for detailed information regarding your airline’s checked baggage policies. See goaheadtours.com/baggage for more details.
Flight delays & cancellations
GAT cannot be held responsible for any flight delays or cancellations caused by reasons including but not limited to weather, mechanical issues or personnel strike. In the event of a flight delay, you must work directly with the airline to be rebooked. Once your new flight is confirmed, you must then notify GAT with your new arrival time. If you are arriving later than your original scheduled flight, you may not be met by a GAT representative at the airport. If this is the case, transportation from airport will be at your own expense. Persons missing tour portions or components (including, but not limited to, meals, excursions or sightseeing tours)due to flight delays or cancellations will not be refunded by GAT or be eligible for a change of return date.
Making your own flight arrangements
While it is not recommended, you may make your own flight arrangements for most tour itineraries. If you choose to make your own flight arrangements, you are also responsible for arranging your own transportation to and from all airports. Please keep in mind that all internal flights between cities as designated in the tour itinerary will be arranged by Go Ahead. If it is necessary for GAT to change or cancel your travel program in any way, you will be responsible for altering your flight plans accordingly and for any costs that result from such changes or cancellations.
Flight itinerary reservation
Flights chosen at the point of sale or prior to your final payment date through our flight booking system are confirmed immediately. Any changes to the flight itinerary or traveler information after the final payment date will incur a minimum change fee of $75.
Final travel documents
Final travel documents, including travel itineraries,hotel accommodations and airline tickets, are mailed approximately 14 days prior to departure. A supplemental fee of $15 will apply to all international deliveries (with the exception of Puerto Rico and Canada). If your mailing address changes or if you want your final documents sent to a different address, you must notify GAT prior to your final payment date. Otherwise, you will be responsible for any additional mailing costs.
Refunds & Cancellations
If you cancel your reservation, the cancellation fee schedule below will apply. If you are booked in a double/twin room and your roommate cancels, you will be responsible for paying the single supplement fee before the final payment date. Upon notifying GAT of your cancellation, you will be given a confirmation number that verifies your cancellation. If you purchased travel protection and are canceling for a reason covered under the policy guidelines, cancellation fees will be reimbursed to you directly from the insurance company. In the event that you have to cancel your tour on the day of departure, you must notify GAT prior to the departure of your first flight. Any penalties for supplemental services/guarantees (including, but not limited to, flights, hotels or late additions) resulting from cancellations made at your request will be your responsibility, and all service fees are non-refundable. Substitution of travelers is not permitted. If you choose not to travel, but fail to cancel your tour prior to the departure date or if you return home before the scheduled completion of your tour, you will not be eligible for any refund or reimbursement from GAT for any unused portion of your trip or costs incurred by leaving your trip early.
For travelers with the travel protection policy (goaheadtours.com/travelprotection), Go Ahead Tours will reimburse the participant in the form of a credit voucher in the event the participant wants to interrupt their tour due to reasons not covered by their travel protection policy. The voucher is valid for one year from the day of the interruption of the tour and represents the value of the missed time on tour including any unused air, land or sea arrangements already paid for by the participant up to a maximum of $1,000 as determined by Go Ahead Tours. The voucher is personal and non-transferable and may be applied towards a future Go Ahead tour and is not exchangeable for cash. The participant is responsible for any additional costs incurred by interrupting the tour including but not limited to the return flight and other transportation costs due to the interruption. Reservation fees, rebooking fees, change fees, late and returned check fees, revision fees, supplemental fees for international deliveries and special arrangement fees are considered Used Fees once incurred and will not be refundable.
Cancellation of European land tours
Days Prior to Departure Cancellation Fee
(Includes Reservation fee)
71 days or more $300
70–46 days $450
45–8 days $1,000 or 100%
7–0 days 100%*
* Percentages listed above are of the total tour cost including reservation fee.
Cancellation of non-European land tours, Special Event Tours and Golf Vacations
Days Prior to Departure Cancellation Fee
(Includes Reservation fee)
71 days or more $450
70–46 days 30%*
45–8 days 50%*
7–0 days 100%*
* Percentages listed above are of the total tour cost including reservation fee.
Cancellation of Land & Cruise Tours, Customized Tours and tours to Myanmar
Days Prior to Departure Cancellation Fee
(Includes Reservation fee)
91 days or more $450
90–61 days 30%*
60–46 days 50%*
45–14 days 75%*
13–0 days 100%*
* Percentages listed above are of the total tour cost including reservation fee.
Health & capabilities
While the pacing of GAT tours varies by itinerary, all participants should be in good physical and mental health. GAT encourages participation of disabled passengers on our tours. While we make every effort to provide such passengers with the same experience enjoyed by ambulatory participants, we cannot accept responsibility for itinerary deviations that disabled passengers’ limitations may necessitate. In some instances, particular requirements may demand costs in excess of those quoted in GAT’s literature. As with any special request, GAT reserves the right to pass on such costs to the participant. For example, GAT frequently uses small, family-owned hotels that may not have first-floor rooms or elevators. In these cases, GAT might be required to arrange accommodations for disabled passengers in a separate hotel at an additional cost. In some instances, due to infrastructure or other limitations, we may be unable to make special provisions abroad. For example, entries to many historic sites abroad are limited by the existence of stairs. Also, many of the roads tend to be narrow and winding, often making it impossible for buses to drive up to your hotel. In these cases, participants must negotiate a considerable distance from the tour bus to their hotel. It can also be difficult abroad to arrange for a tour bus equipped with a wheelchair lift. GAT representatives are available to discuss any specific accommodations that disabled passengers might require and how best to arrange them. When reserving your tour, please inform your Tour Consultant of any physical disabilities or limitations so he/she can help you determine the appropriateness of the selected itinerary. If such limitations require additional assistance, GAT asks that you plan to travel with a companion who can provide such assistance.
Group travel requirements
GAT reserves the right to reschedule or cancel any tour that has an insufficient number of travelers up to the final payment date. If an insufficient number of travelers registers for your tour (not applicable to Private or Customized Tours), you may choose another tour and/or departure date with a sufficient number of travelers, or cancel your tour without penalty. You will be responsible for all costs associated with independent travel arrangements. GAT reserves the right to cancel a tour extension for low enrollment. If a traveler chooses to cancel an entire tour due to a tour extension canceled by GAT, standard cancellation fees will apply.
Itinerary variations & holidays
If improvements can be made to tour itineraries or unforeseen circumstances necessitate changes, GAT reserves the right to amend, adjust or alter itineraries. GAT cannot control program changes on Land & Cruise Tours and/or railway components of tours, as cruise lines and railway companies reserve the right to make changes. GAT will make every effort to notify you as early as possible of such changes. Due to local or national holidays, seasonal hours of operation or availability, special events and/or peak harvest seasons, access to certain facilities and attractions including but not limited to vineyards, museums, historical sites or stores may be limited. On such occasions, and whenever possible, itinerary adjustments will be made by GAT to minimize traveler inconvenience. If, however, your enjoyment might be diminished by such limitations, please check with the respective national tourist office(s) before selecting a tour and travel date.
Passports & visas
You are responsible for obtaining any travel documents and verifying entry requirements necessary for each country of travel on your selected tour itinerary, including any required vaccinations, as GAT is not responsible for providing this information or documentation. U.S. citizens are required to have a passport for all trips outside of the United States, which must be valid for at least six months beyond the completion date of the tour. Entry laws differ with respect to travelers’ citizenship. You are responsible for any expenses incurred as a result of delays or itinerary changes related to your lack of appropriate travel documents and are therefore ineligible for any refund from GAT. GAT recommends that you apply for any necessary visas with a visa service. If you decide to apply for your visa directly with the applicable consulate(s) and require additional assistance and/or documentation from GAT, you may be subject to a special arrangements fee of $95. For more information on countries requiring visas for U.S. citizens, please refer to the U.S. Department of State website: travel.state.gov.
GAT makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of its publications, but it cannot be held responsible for typographical or printing errors, including but not limited to prices. GAT tours are not for resale, and travelers must enroll directly with GAT.
The United States Tour Operators Association $1 Million Travelers Assistance Program
As an active member of USTOA, GAT is required to post $1 million with USTOA to be used to reimburse, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the USTOA $1 million Travelers Assistance Program, the advance payments of GAT customers in the unlikely event of GAT bankruptcy, insolvency or cessation of business. Further, you should understand that the $1 million posted by GAT may be sufficient to provide only a partial recovery of the advance payments received by GAT. More details of the USTOA Travelers Assistance Program may be obtained by writing to USTOA at 345 Seventh Avenue, Suite 1801, New York, New York 10001, or by email to email@example.com or by visiting USTOA.com.
Go Ahead Tours is a member of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and the Better Business Bureau (BBB) of Eastern Massachusetts.
Release & Agreement
1. The tour operator for your trip is EF Cultural Travel Ltd. Haldenstrasse 4, CH-6006, Lucerne, SWITZERLAND, organization number: CH-100.3.026.585-3, VAT number 596 344. Go Ahead Vacations, Inc. is an affiliate of EF Cultural Travel, Ltd. and acts only as a marketing services provider for that company. Go Ahead Vacations, Inc. does not provide any goods or services for your trip. The services provided are tax-exempt with credit in accordance with Swiss Federal Law with regard to Value-Added Tax Art. #23. In the following text EF Cultural Travel, Ltd. and Go Ahead Vacations, Inc. are together referred to as “Go Ahead Tours” or “GAT.”
2. I, on behalf of myself and/or my minor child (if applicable), understand that my tour begins with the take off from the departure airport and ends upon completion of the return flight. I further understand that travel involves certain risks to personal health, safety and property. Many foreign countries do not have the safety and health standards that are present in the United States. I am willing to accept the associated risks of travel and understand that GAT cannot guarantee the health and safety of participants.
3. I agree to release and hold harmless GAT and its affiliates (which term shall include parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, shareholders, agents and employees of GAT as well as GAT itself) (the “Released Parties”) from, and agree not to sue the Released Parties for, any and all claims, of any nature related in any manner to my participation in a GAT-sponsored tour, including but not limited to, claims for negligence, breach of contract, breach of express or implied warranties, or wrongful death. I hereby unconditionally and unequivocally waive any and all claims and demands for all damages, losses, costs and expenses of any nature whatsoever (including attorneys’ fees) on account of or arising out of any and all personal injury, death, bodily injury, mental anguish, emotional distress, property or other damage that I may suffer from any cause whatsoever related in any way to my participation in any GAT- sponsored tour. I further agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all decisions to cancel, modify or delay the tour as a result of acts of God, war (whether declared or undeclared), terrorist activities or threats of terrorists activities, instability in a destination country, incidents of violence, public health issues or quarantine or threats of public health issues, substantial currency fluctuations, strikes, government restrictions, fire or severe weather conditions that make it impossible or commercially unreasonable in the sole opinion of GAT to conduct the tour. I further agree to hold the Released Parties harmless for the acts or omissions of any other individuals or entities over which the Released Parties have no direct or indirect control, including, without limitation, airlines, railways, bus companies, hotels, shipping companies, tour guides and subcontracted agents or tour operators. I understand and acknowledge that GAT does not own or operate any of the entities that provide goods or services on my tour.
4. I understand that the air carrier’s liability for loss of or damage to baggage or property, or for death or injury to person, is limited by their tariffs or the Warsaw Convention or both.
5. I understand and agree that GAT shall have no liability or responsibility for me when I am absent from GAT-supervised activities or for non-GAT supervised activities, such as visits to friends or relatives or during pre-/post-stay periods if the pre-/post-stay period does not include the services of a GAT Tour Director.
6. I understand and agree that GAT reserves the right to refuse or cancel my reservation at their sole discretion. In such event, standard cancellation guidelines as outlined in the Booking Conditions apply.
7. I agree to abide by GAT’s regulations and the directions of my Tour Director and GAT’s personnel during my tour. Failure to do so may result in GAT terminating me from the tour immediately. I understand that to disobey such rules or directions is to waive the right to a refund of any part of the fee, and that GAT may then send me home at my own expense.
8. I agree to abide by all local laws when abroad. I also understand that, should local authorities be involved, I will be subject to the laws of the country I am visiting.
9. I understand and agree that if I become ill or incapacitated, GAT and its
employees may take any action they deem necessary for my safety and well-being, including securing medical treatment (at my own expense) and transporting me home. GAT retains the right and has my authorization, in its sole discretion, to contact my emergency contact(s) with regard to health issues or any matter whatsoever that relates to my tour. In the event of a medical emergency, GAT will attempt to cause appropriate treatment to be administered, and I authorize GAT to do so. GAT, however, makes no warranty that it will be able to cause effective (or any) emergency treatment to be administered.
10. I understand and agree that GAT has the right to make changes in tour itineraries and departure dates, and to modify transportation arrangements, including the use of substitute airlines. In the event of such changes, refunds will be given only in accordance with the provisions of the Booking Conditions supplied herewith.
11. I understand that prices are subject to unforeseen surcharges or price increases which, if imposed by airlines or other suppliers, will be separately billed prior to final payment date.
12. I understand that it is my responsibility to secure the necessary travel documents (passport and visa[s]). Failure to do so does not constitute grounds for a refund except according to the refund and cancellation guidelines as outlined in the Booking Conditions.
13. I understand that I will be required to pay for any phone calls or incidental personal expenses that I incur at hotels, as well as for any damage I cause to hotel rooms, buses or other property.
14. I understand and agree that this agreement and GAT’s Booking Conditions constitute the entire agreement between GAT and me with reference to the subject matter herein, and I do not rely upon any promises, inducements or agreements not herein, including but not limited to any oral statements made to me by any agents or employees of GAT. This agreement may be amended or modified only in writing, signed by both parties. The waiver by GAT of any provision of this agreement shall in no way affect the remaining provisions of this agreement, and this agreement shall be interpreted as if such clause or provision were not contained herein.
15. I understand and agree that this agreement shall be governed in all respects, and performance hereunder shall be judged, by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. In the event of any claim, dispute or proceeding arising out of my relationship with GAT, or any claim which in contract, tort, or otherwise at law or in equity arises between me and the Released Parties, whether or not related to this agreement, all parties submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and of the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
16. I understand and consent that GAT may use any film likenesses taken of me and any of my comments while on a GAT tour for future publicity and also use my contact information for future GAT promotions.
17. I understand that my enrollment on tour with GAT is not complete until I have signed and agreed to the Terms & Conditions and this Release & Agreement. By agreeing to this Release & Agreement and Booking Conditions on behalf of other travelers for whom I am completing the enrollment process, I warrant that I am authorized to act on behalf of such individual(s) and I acknowledge and affirm that GAT’s reliance on my authority is reasonable. I agree to indemnify and defend GAT for any claims arising out of any violation of the warranty.
Flexible Payment Plan
Pay for your tour on your schedule. Simply pay a $300 deposit when you book ($450 for non-European land tours, Special Event Tours, Golf Vacations, Land & Cruise Tours or Customized Tours), then make payments for any amount at any time by logging in to your account. Just be sure to pay the balance by your final payment date, usually 70 days prior to departure for most tours, and 90 days prior to departure for Land & Cruise Tours, Customized Tours and tours to Myanmar. We'll let you know when your final payment is due.